Kayla is new to the Shift team, but we're so excited to introduce her! She's a phenomenal writer and an awesome therapist who specializes in helping clients cope with anxiety, emotional trauma and parenting.
We sat down for a fun Q&A with her.
1. Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
Definitely a gatherer
2. What were you like in high school?
Shy and serious and very creative
3. What do you think about when you're alone in the car?
Where everyone else is going. Who are they? What are their lives like? What brings us all here sharing the road at the same time?
4. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be and why?
A puffin - because they can fly, swim, and are adorable!
5. What's your favourite '90s jam?
If you could read my mind - Stars on 54
6. What was the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
New Girl because it actually makes me laugh out loud
7. What are you known for?
Being honest but also my love of small boxes and tins
8. What inspires you?
People who tell the world who they are and fight to be their true selves
9. What's your favourite memory from childhood?
Spending all my time swimming
10. What is your greatest fear?
Being lonely - but also heights
11. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"That's amazing," "perfect," "it's an experience," and "what if both are true?"
12. What is a talent you would most like to have?
The ability to dance!