Melissa is one of the newest members of our team, so we decided to sit down with her for a fun Q&A. Melissa is fun-loving and energetic with a special passion for helping those struggling with eating disorders. She's an amazing therapist and we're proud to have her join our family.
1. Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
Gatherer because I enjoy putting things together like pieces of a puzzle when solving complex problems and issues.
2. You're a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Neon green because it’s bright, luminous, and fun!
3. What were you like in high school?
I was social and studious.
4. What do you think about when you're alone in the car?
I wonder whether the person in the car beside me can hear me sing along with the radio.
5. Which two organizations outside your own do you know the most about and why?
The Centre for Addictions and Mental Health. I was on their advisory committee to help improve access to appropriate supports for people struggling with mental health issues including depression and anxiety.
National Eating Disorder Information Center because of the advocacy work I do with eating disorder awareness.
6. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be and why?
Panda bear – because they’re very inviting and loving.
7. What's your favourite '90s jam?
Anything Backstreet Boys!
8. What was the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
Titanic..for the 123rd time because...who doesn’t love Leonardo Di Caprio!!!?
9. What are you known for?
My advocacy work for fighting stigma associated with mental health
10. What inspires you?
To see people work through their issues and overcome their problems.
11. What's your favourite memory from childhood?
Rescuing a squirrel with my dad.
12. What is your greatest fear?
13. What is your greatest extravagance?
Chocolate. Guilty pleasure!
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Q: Are you sure, Melissa?
15. What is a talent you would most like to have?