Are you a social worker that has experience in care coordination or case management? Are you resourceful and detailed-oriented? Are you passionate about campus wellness and student wellbeing? Are you a self-starter and tenacious? Are you a team player?
If so, great! Keep reading.
We’re Megan and Jordan, and we run a mental health company called Shift Collab. Our team is on a mission to make mental wellness simple, relatable, and actionable.
In the stale mental health industry, we have developed a different approach to therapy, workshops, and courses. We prioritize connection, creativity, and being solution-focused in all areas of our work. Our approach attracts ambitious leaders who are striving for excellence — at work, at home, and within themselves.
Since 2016, we have grown from a small therapy practice to a team of over 30 dedicated mental health professionals. We are now proud to be the preferred provider of therapy and mental health education to top companies, insurance groups, campuses, and leaders across Canada.
We are looking for an experienced Bilingual Care Coordinator to join our growing team. In this role, you will be on the frontline of a new program that we are launching nationally for college and university students. Specifically, you will be responsible for managing incoming queries, completing client initial assessment and intake, working with each client to educate them on the mental health support available to them, referring them to therapists, counsellors or physicians, following-up on their progress, and broadly speaking, ensuring their betterment.
This role will be an essential position as the “steady hand” managing these cases, care pathways, and other needs of the program. While primarily interacting over phone, email and live chat with clients, you will also have face-to-face contact as a program representative and travel to various campuses across Ontario as needed. In that, it is essential that you combine all of the above with a warm, relatable attitude.
This is a full-time, salaried position with exceptional growth potential, mentorship, and the opportunity to be a key part of a first-of-its-kind program in North America.
You will be a key member of our team! And while we believe in teaching in the workplace, your background experience is extremely important. Please ensure you meet all of the below requirements:
- Are fluent in both English and French both written and orally (any additional languages a bonus including Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese or Punjabi)
- Have an education in social work (MSW an asset, BSW required)
- Have a demonstrated passion for mental health among students
- Have demonstrated experience in care coordination or case management
- Have strong clinical assessment and intake skills
- Have experience in being part of a organization where things move fast, whether as a member of a small team, small business or startup
- Have exceptional customer service acumen
- Have a positive “can-do” and solution-focused attitude
- Are naturally curious, innovative, and unafraid of change
As this is a multifaceted role, we have some bonus criteria we’d like to share. These aren’t required but are certainly desirable:
- Have past experience working in hospitality — whether in a cafe, restaurant, hotel or otherwise — as valuable lessons about customer care are learned there
- Are knowledgeable about community resources and a natural problem-solver
- Have had some exposure to modern customer service software, whether it be live chat, team email inboxes, or cloud-based phone systems
- Have your full driver’s license and your own vehicle
- Have some experience in marketing, social media and creating content
- Are naturally inclined to use technology in your everyday life, whether to manage tasks, your social media, budgeting or otherwise
THE PERKS AND COMPENSATION
This job offers a competitive full-time salary, flexible working locations (in our Yorkville office, from home, and on-site), and travel opportunities. Hours may vary so weekend and evening availability is important. We offer supportive work environment, clinical peer supervision, a beautiful space, and be part of a larger team with a big vision. We regularly have team-building events and social outings, and pride ourselves on connection. Plus we’re pretty fun.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please be creative and showcase a bit of your own flare! And to show that you're reading this posting closely, please tell us what your favourite food is in the first paragraph of your cover letter.
The deadline for this position is 4pm on Friday July 27, 2018 and interviews will be scheduled for the following week.
Please note that while we really appreciate your time and effort in submitting an application, we’ll only get back to you if we’re interested.