Are you a newly graduated events expert looking for a challenging, meaningful role? Are you resourceful and driven? Passionate about mental wellness and wellbeing? Are you tenacious in the best possible way?
If so, awesome! Keep reading.
Shift Collab is a collaborative mental health practice based in Toronto, offering therapy, workshops, and educational programs. We believe that the future of mental health is collaborative, empowering people to take the lessons from therapy sessions out into the real world. We have a team of 30 therapists that operate across Canada and are quickly growing.
A big part of our business is booking workshops, speaking engagements, and broader educational programs. Although we host and organize our own events in Toronto, we also have touring speakers and workshops across North America.
To help support our business growth and broader thought leadership, we are looking for an Event Coordinator to work part-time in our Yorkville office and from home. This role will be fast-paced and will require someone who is eager to grow with a leading mental health brand.
A DREAM ATTITUDE
In order to qualify for this role, you must have experience with event booking and management. We are looking for someone capable, entrepreneurial and that can hit the ground running without extensive supervision. We are looking for someone with…
- Post-secondary education in events, marketing or sales
- A tech-savvy attitude and driven mindset
- A keen focus on execution and hyper organization
- Comfortable with outbound and inbound sales
- Able to speak about mental health programs with empathy, clarity and personality
- Extensive knowledge of event management and event coordination best practices
- The ability to handle bookings, event planning, event execution and event follow-up seamlessly
- A willingness to be challenged, grow and learn from a driven team
- The broader desire to make an impact through your work, but also understand that big things happen in small ways
- A flexible schedule to accommodate clients in multiple time-zones and occasional travel
A POWERFUL SKILLSET
We can’t stress this enough… you must have experience with the software that’s used to create successful events! This includes but isn’t limited to…
- Ticketing platforms such as Eventbrite and Universe
- Using Facebook events and Facebook advertising to promote attendance and ticket sales
- CRM tools such as Hubspot
- Email marketing automation platforms such as Drip
- Design tools such as Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to use Squarespace
- A basic competency of using Google Drive and the broader GSuite set of tools
- The ability to operate audio-visual necessities, including projectors, PA systems, microphones and more
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
...And if you’re certain you meet the above requirements, please send us an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31 with the following:
- A paragraph about why you are interested in joining us in the email itself. And in that same email, tell us your favourite food so that we know you're attentive to details!
- An engaging, thoughtful cover letter
- And your current resume
We’ll then follow-up with candidates that grab our attention. Thanks a bunch and good luck!