Calling All Social Workers!
Are you a Social Worker (MSW RSW) in Private Practice who is looking for a meaningful, challenging role? Are you resourceful and driven? Passionate about workplace wellness and employee well-being? Do you have a keen interest in working as an independent contractor offering video counselling? Are you tenacious in the best possible way?
If so, awesome! Keep reading.
The Shift Collab is a collaborative mental health practice based in Toronto, offering therapy, workshops and educational programs. We believe that the future of mental health is collaborative, empowering people to take the lessons from therapy sessions out into the real world.
Because of our growing video therapy practice, we are seeking to hire several Social Workers (MSW RSW) to join our team as a video counsellors with a focus on workplace wellness, substance abuse and addictions, trauma and loss.
This is an independent contract position that allows for building your own caseload while further developing your practice... and working from the comfort of your home!
We're seeking super motivated, hyper-organized individuals who enjoy working with ambitious professionals, couples and adults.
You will be joining a small team for a project that is kicking off early 2018. Please note that you should expect a gradual build of clients rather than an immediate full case load. As such, this role is ideal for hardworking, ambitious Social Workers that have a client load outside of our potential work together.
To be considered, we ask that you have the following experience and credentials:
- Master's of Social Work and Registered with the OCSWSSW. Must reside and be registered to practice in Ontario.
- A good working knowledge of video counselling, CBT case conceptualization, models, and protocols for treatment of various psychological conditions, such as Depression, anxiety disorders (Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic disorder, Agoraphobia, Phobias), Health Anxiety, OCD and OCD-related disorders, Eating Disorders and others, is crucial for this role. Asset is a skill set in Substance Abuse and workplace wellness challenges.
- Other expertise in evidence-based practice is also a welcome asset, including DBT, Emotionally-Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Mindfulness-based approaches (MBSR), Trauma informed practices (EMDR), among others.
- Knowledge and experience of marketing your practice, writing blog articles,and running workshops/groups an asset.
- Comfort with working in a remote video-based practice model.
- Must have own practice insurance.
In return for your hard work, we are dedicated to ensuring that you are well taken care of.
- You will receive competitive pay on a per session basis.
- You will be working from the comfort of your home primarily but be plugged into our clinic team based in downtown Toronto.
- We offer supportive work environment, clinical peer supervision, and flexibility with respect to working days and hours.
- You will be included in the team meetings and being a part of a larger practice vision.
- You will have access to our online educational resources to build your practice, effectively deliver remote therapy, and our database of clinical tools.
Ready to Apply?
Awesome. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com describing in detail your experience, training, as well as other qualifications listed above. Please include any links to your professional social media accounts. Get creative with your email, too!
The application deadline is 5pm on December 18, 2017.