Jodi Munroe, MSW RSW
Offering clients a collaborative approach in providing therapy.
Jodi Munroe has over 16 years of Social Work experience with children, youth, women and men within diverse settings, including: child welfare, social assistance, housing, community care, hospitals, crisis, mental health/addictions, and youth outreach.
Jodi works collaboratively with individuals, couples and families on challenging psycho-social and emotional issues. She strives to provide clients with support, skills and tools to navigate the challenges associated with their unique journey.
She provides counselling for: fertility issues, depression, anxiety, stress/coping, grief/bereavement, anger, addiction, chronic illnesses, dementia, long-term care planning, interpersonal challenges, and work related issues.
As an invested community volunteer, Jodi works with caregivers supporting family members with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia and is an active board member of a bereavement organization.
Jodi obtained her Master of Social Work degree from the University of Windsor and her Bachelor of Social Work degree from York University.
Training and Certification:
- Fertility Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Working with Families and Children
- Graduate Certificate in Dementia Studies
- Motivational Interviewing
- Interprofessional Collaboration Certificate
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Depression and Anxiety
- Acute/Chronic Physical Illness
- Grief, Trauma, and Loss
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Registered Social Worker with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- CFAS Canadian Fertility & Andrology Society