Laura Bloom, MSW RSW
Helping you explore your thoughts and emotions on your wellness journey.
Laura is a skilled social worker, with a decade worth of experience within various settings; such as, in hospitals, community, and in private practice. She can help you explore your thoughts and emotions, in a safe setting, while guiding you to bolster your own coping and life skills.
She has a broad knowledge of therapeutic interventions for a wide array of conditions, and has a specialty in working with individuals who have suffered acute and traumatic events; such as, stroke, brain injury, aneurysm, major depression, anxiety, addiction, grief/loss, and major motor vehicle collisions.
Laura is a strong client advocate, who always strives to empower her clients on their wellness journey. Her client's often say she is very approachable and easy to talk to, which they say helps them to feel at ease in therapy.
Laura received her Master of Social Work from University of Toronto.
Training and Certification:
- Brain Basics, Ontario Brain Injury Association
- Emotional Intelligence, University Health Network
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, University Health Network
- Certificate In Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, University Of Toronto OISE/Hinks Dellcrest
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Coping Skills
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Ontario Association of Social Workers