Shawna Fleisher, MSW RSW
Offering a flexible, friendly, collaborative, and non-judgmental approach.
I am friendly, approachable, non-judgmental professional who is easy to build rapport with and passionate about the work that I do.
I have experience working with individuals, couples, families, and groups of all ages using a variety of treatment modalities, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, and Mindfulness. I have worked in inpatient, outpatient, and community-based settings providing in-person, telephone, and online counselling and therapy to a diverse client group.
Shawna currently holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, a post-graduate certificate in Addiction Treatment and Prevention, a graduate certificate in Couple and Family Therapy, and a Master of Social Work degree
Training and Certification:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Addictions Treatment and Prevention
- Certificate in Concurrent Disorders
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Dialectal Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Advanced Social Work with Older Adults (in progress)
- Addictions and Substance Abuse
- Family Support
- Personality Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectal Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Canadian Association of Social Workers
- Ontario Association of Social Workers