Suzette McLarty, MSW RSW
Suzette McLarty, MSW RSW
Addictions, relationship issues (marital and premarital), anxiety, and anger management.
Suzette is a Registered Social Worker (RSW) and a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as well as the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW). Suzette received her Masters of Social Work from the University of Waterloo a Bachelor of Social Work from Dalhousie University and a Bachelor degree in Psychology from York University.
Suzette has been working in the Mental Health and Addiction sector for over 18 years. Suzette has practiced at an acute care hospital setting where she provided psychosocial support for clients with addiction/concurrent disorders. Working from a harm reduction, trauma-informed framework, Suzette has helped individuals develop skills and access resources needed to increase their capacity to be successful in their recovery. In addition to her role at The Shift Collab, she works as an Accessibility Advisor at University of Toronto advising and supporting students with a disability, including those with mental health issues. Suzette believes in treating the whole person and tailors treatment to meet each individual’s needs and treatment goals.
Working with clients from diverse backgrounds, Suzette provides professional and confidential counselling to address a number of issues such as anxiety, trauma, depression, anger management and relationship problems. Suzette has a passion for expanding her knowledge in evidence-based practice and has completed additional professional training in different therapeutic modalities including: Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy, Solution Focused Counselling and Gottman’s Method Couples Therapy
Suzette uses an eclectic approach of holistic, evidence-based techniques to teach client’s how changing their thinking can change their behaviours and improve the outcome of their lives. Suzette uses her own narrative of resiliency to motivate and inspire others to recognize the growth and positives that can come from life challenges.
- Master of Social Work (MSW); Waterloo University, Waterloo, ON
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW); Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- Bachelor of Arts (BA); York University, Toronto, ON
Training and Certification
- Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST), CAMH
- Admission, Discharge and Assessment Tools (ADAT), CAMH
- Grief and Managing an Overdose Death- AAAP
- Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy (IPSRT), 3C Institute
- Motivational Interview Community of Practice (MI COP) Group, CAMH
- Indigenizing Psychology Symposium, Native Canadian Centre of Toronto
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) – P.H.A.B.I. S, Oakville
- Solution Focused Counselling, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PMAB), CAMH
- Anger Management Treatment Professional
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Gottman’s Method Couples Therapy (Completed Level 1, 2)
- Trauma-Focused – CBT (TF-CBT)
- Mental Health
- Work Stressors
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Ontario Association of Social Workers