5 Self-Care Ideas For Fall
Autumn Self-Care Activities
Self-care takes on different forms depending on our individual needs and personalities, but often it depends on the season we’re in, as well. If you’re feeling discouraged by the cold weather, here are some creative self-care ideas that are perfect for fall.
- Declutter your summer wardrobe and donate the pieces to someone in need. You’ll reap the benefits of a clearer space, while also making a huge impact on those who might need it most.
- Forget pumpkin spice lattes, try a pumpkin spice face-mask! Pumpkins are chock-full of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that can help soothe and moisturize dry skin during the colder months. Check out how to make a Hydrating Pumpkin Spice Face Mask.
- Go apple picking, visit a pumpkin patch, or engage in a fall activity that you loved as a child. The nostalgia that comes with doing something as simple as what we loved in childhood actually has a lot of psychological benefits. The regular practice of engaging in experiences that make us feel nostalgic can help boost our sense of meaning and empathy, motivating us to keep seeking out purposeful activities throughout our lives.
- Practice mindful walking on a nature walk. Mindful walking refers to the active practice where we move about our environment while staying consciously aware of what is around us. Walking meditation! Mindful walking can help us to slow down, connect with ourselves, and with the beautiful fall environment around us.
- Cozy up with a weighted blanket. Also known as an “anxiety blanket”, weighted blankets have been shown to have a deeply calming effect, helping to ease anxiety, reduce stress, and improve our quality of sleep. Can’t get your hands on a weighted blanket? Any blanket will do, as long as it’s cozy!
This post contains affiliate links. This means that we may get a small commission should you buy something through one of the links, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!