Megan Rafuse, MSW RSW
Megan Rafuse, MSW RSW
Perfectionism, grief and loss, self-worth, and entrepreneurs.
Megan received her Master’s of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Toronto. She is a Registered Social Worker (RSW) and a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as well as the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW). Megan is a co-host, along with Jordan Axani, of Impostercast, an iTunes top-20 podcast about "faking it", living authentically and recognizing that none of us are alone in our struggles and triumphs. Megan also does corporate and wellness workshops across Ontario, to help others learn to challenge their own inner imposter, master positive self-talk and set (and reach) their goals.
Megan completed advanced training in cognitive behavioural therapy from the joint program of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). She also completed the Narrative Therapy Certificate Program from Hincks-Dellcrest and obtained a certificate in the Living Works ASIST Suicide Prevention Program.
Working with clients from diverse backgrounds, Megan provides professional and confidential counseling to address a number of issues such as anxiety, stress, fear, depression, lack of self-esteem and self-confidence, grief or loss, and relationship problems, she's even written about the life-lessons of online dating! Megan is open-minded and committed to providing an honest and comfortable therapeutic experience for her each of her clients. Megan’s collaborative approach to therapy allows individuals and families to tailor their treatment specifically to their needs, wants, and future goals in a non-judgmental environment. With the utmost compassion and integrity, she will work with you to help you better understand your thoughts, feelings, and actions to help you move forward and live your life the way you want.
Apart from her education, which also includes an Honour’s Bachelor of Social Work and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Adv. Major), Megan has a wide array of direct counseling experience. She has practiced social work and counseling at an acute care hospital setting where she provided crisis intervention, counseling, and resource support to children and families of children involved in a traumatic event or diagnosed with a neurological health condition requiring treatment. She has also worked in hospice and palliative care providing emotional, practical, and resource support to individuals who are living with a life-limiting illness and their loved ones. Megan has a strong sense of compassion and respects that each individual has the determination to make their own decisions and live the life that they want to live. While she may at times encourage you to consider a different perspective or alternative action, she ultimately works with you in the “here and now” at a pace that is comfortable for you.
- Masters of Social Work, Child and Family Therapy; University of Toronto,
- Honours Bachelor of Social Work (HBSW); Lakehead University
- Bachelor Of Arts, Psychology; St. Francis Xavier University
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Advanced Training Certificate (CAMH and University of Toronto)
- Narrative Therapy Certificate (Hincks Dellcrest)
- Using “Love Sense” and Science to Shape Megawatt Couples Interventions (EFT with Sue Johnson)
- Medical Terminology Certificate
- Brief-Solution Focused Therapy
- LivingWorks ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
- 35-hour Hospice Palliative Care Volunteer Training Certificate
- Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Fears, and Phobias
- Anxious Professionals
- Anxiety and/or Depression in adults
- Adults adjusting to life changes (job, relationship, move, etc)
- Grief and Loss
- Managing chronic illness
- Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; Registered Social Worker (RSW)