Elif Giray, MSW RSW
Offering a warm, open, non-judgmental therapeutic space to process and grow
Elif has over 12 years of counselling experience. Her philosophy of practice is holistic and client-centered. She believes that each individual already has the wisdom and knowledge needed for their own well-being and healing.
Her role as a therapist is to act as a guide along this journey and provide the tools to work with and uncover each persons own wisdom, voice and connection to self. She believes a person has to work with their whole being – the body, the mind, the emotions, and the spirit – to effect healing.
In therapy, her approach is tailored to the needs of each individual. While she would describe her therapeutic approach as eclectic, she emphasizes the importance of a strong and compassionate therapeutic relationship and works primarily from a client-centered model.
Elif received her Master of Social Work from the University of Toronto.
Training and Certification:
- Certificate of Counselling
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention
- Managing Conflict (Fred Kofman)
- Depression & Anxiety
- Narrative, Mindfulness
- Strengths/Resiliency based approaches
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers; Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Ontario Association of Social Workers